Saturday, December 22, 2012

Imagination

I have an overactive imagination. 
I mostly attribute it to the ridiculous amounts of cartoons that I watched as a kid. (I also am 90% sure that I have ADD and that it's linked to the incessant tv watching- but that's just my theory.) 
It can be a pain sometimes- mainly when I'm trying to pay attention to speakers or am having conversations with people. It's also why I don't really like scary movies, especially black and white ones. Zombies jumping out at random times isn't what scares me in these movies though. It's the lingering feelings and concepts that they plant in your mind. They come back to haunt me at random times when I'm by myself. Black and white movies make it worse for me because the lower quality leaves more to the imagination. When I watch a movie or read a book, it's difficult to tell myself that it's just a story. My mind gets involved in the story. 
It can be a blessing in someways though. I can keep myself entertained with just about anything.  Also, I believe that I enjoy books and movies more because my mind is so involved in the story.
In other news, the Lord brought me through this semester. The courses were difficult and I didn't think that I would do as well as I did, but God's obviously got a plan for me. 
I am so very thankful to be on break. I get to hang out with friends and family, and I am able to do lots of reading and exploring! YAY! 
Merry Christmas! I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas passages: 
Luke 2:8-15

And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. 10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
    and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
15 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment